Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Design mode crashing Visual Studio 2005

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #15407 |

We have Grid version 3.6 on our machines. Our license key is for 3.2. I think this config should work, providing version 3.2 functionality with latest bug fixes right?

We are encountering frequent crashes of Visual Studio when using the grid in design mode. Like when changing the column title, column data type, resizing columns, or sometimes just mousing over the grid. This is happening on all of the development machines here.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hao Jiang

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by hao_jiang (had 2275 views)

User (Old forums)

Do you have a sample application reproducing the different types (i.e. exception messages) of crashes you get? This would allow us to investigate the issue.

You can send it to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com?Subject=Design mode crashing in Visual Studio 2005″>support</a>.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 216 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry, I can’t seem to replicate the problem now.

I copied and pasted the problem grid from my project to a new blank test project’s form. Now the grid is working flawlessly in the test project. I can make changes to the design with no problems.

I don’t think I can give you our main project since it’s extremely complicated with a lot of references and dependencies.

Next time when the VS2005 crashes I’ll try to see if I get some detail error info.

Thanks.

Hao

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by hao_jiang (had 3645 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.