Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19496 |

I’m currently evaluating the Data Manipulation Suite specifically the .NET zip library. I’m having trouble with decrypting a zipped file. Here’s what I’ve done:

I’m using the 3rd overload of quickzip.unzip which allows me to pass it a password. I’ve been successful decrypting files I create using WinZip. I’m unable to decrypt a file created by one of our contractors on their mainframe using PKZip. I can decrypt it with WinZip 8.0 and PKZip 2.04g. I can also create a zipped file using WinZip with the exact same password that I use to unzip the contractor’s file with WinZip and your product successfully unzips that. It’s only the file created by the contractor that your product can’t unzip but WinZip and PKZip can.

Any ideas? I can’t send you any of the files because they contain confidential data.

Here’s the actual line of code I’m using:

QuickZip.Unzip(“c:\FTPSampleExplorer\transfer.zip”, “c:\FTPSampleExplorer\”, “passwordisreallythislongbutthisisnottherealpasswordiuse”, True, False, False, “*”)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by dharbert (had 2153 views)

User (Old forums)

I solved it! Apparently the file I was unzipping had a directory structure within it. I didn’t know that. When I used the Quickzip.unzip I didn’t tell it to unzip recursively so when it ran, I thought it was doing nothing. In reality it was looking in the root of the zip file and unzipping everything there (which was nothing). To me, it looked like it didn’t work. Once I used the correct parameter, it unzipped everything correctly.

When I used the FileSystem method, it didn’t give me an option on recursion so it extracted all the subdirectories.

Sorry for the confusion but it was a good lesson for me (hope it was good for you too).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by dharbert (had 2990 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.