Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF DatePicker request

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #26493 |

Hello,

I am wondering if the DatePicker could have a time section put on it? (Perhaps have a property that is set to show/hide the time part?) The current way to change the time in a field that has both the time and the date in it isn’t very easy or elegant to do.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 5426 views)

Xceed Support

You can set the DatePicker’s DateTimeMaskMode property to ShortDateAndTime; however, be aware that selecting a date through the calendar will reset the time to midnight.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 292 views)

User (Old forums)

So a fix for that is in the works then? Any idea if it will be in 2.1? 2.2?

I have seen in other controls (that are very similar to the DatePicker) that contain a place to select the time. You can manually enter it or you can use buttons to adjust the hour…or the minute or the second depending on which section has the focus.

I hope you consider adding this to a future version because they really isn’t a very ideal way to let the user select the date + time in just 1 column.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 415 views)

User (Old forums)

Greetings,

I would also like to request a place to enter the time on the datepicker. This ability would be very crucial for me if I decide to use your datagrid in my app.

Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dave (had 3843 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”Dave”]Greetings,

I would also like to request a place to enter the time on the datepicker. This ability would be very crucial for me if I decide to use your datagrid in my app.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Is there an update to this?  Any comment from the Xceed team on this issue?  We are using the Xceed product and may have to start looking for something else because of the time issue with the datepicker.  We’ve already put in a lot of code to use this Xceed product, I’d hate for use to change directions now.  Please provide some kind of info on this issue.  Is this being worked on?  Is this something you don’t plan on ever implementing?  Any update would be helpful.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tina (had 3191 views)

User (Old forums)

I am not sure if this will help or not….

But I am using a DateTime picker control by Component One.  I basically incorporate it in the Xceed DataGrid and it lets me pick both the date and time in the DataGrid Cell…..its not the ideal solution…but it does work.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dave (had 3603 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.