Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Date time stamp for files do not match

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    #19807 |

Hi,

I have an application that uses XCEED to zip the files and convert them to self extractable zips.We zip the files with and with out passwords.

The issue I am facing is that when I zip the files with a Default Encryption password, and later unzip it, the Create Date time for the files is changes to the time of zipping.

For E.g.:-
    If I have a file say “test.txt” created on 01-01-2007.
    I zip the file today [05-17-2007] with some default encryption password. I then unzip the files.
    The create date for the test.txt is 05-17-2007 and not 01-01-2007.

This above said issue does not comes up if I zip the files with a blank Default Encryption password.

The Versions of the executable my application is using is as below
    <b>DLL Name—-> Version Number</b>
    Xceed.Compression.dll —-> 1.0.29.0
    Xceed.FileSystem.dll —> 1.0.29.0
    Xceed.Zip.dll—> 1.0.29.0

Let me know how can we overcome this problem.

Hope you guys can help me on this.Let me know if you require any more information.

Thanks,
    Pratik

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pratik_Lara (had 7326 views)

User (Old forums)

You are using a very old version of our component. Can you upgrade to the latest version, to see if the problem is resolved?

Here is the link to our update page :

http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx?Lang=EN-CA

You can either download the .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0 components. Note that your license key will work with the new version, but new features will be locked.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 240 views)

User (Old forums)

Even I am having similar problems with my XCEED components…

BTW, if I upgrade, are the new components 100% backward compatible?? Will I notice any impact to my current application or any differences in the APIs after the upgrade?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Whosane (had 335 views)

User (Old forums)

It is backward compatible, so that if you do not make any changes to your code, it should work as is. However, this is a very old version you are upgrading from, and we have not tested upgrading from such an old version, so we can’t guarantee it will be hassle free.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 366 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

Can you suggest me as to which version should I install?
    You have the existing version details which the application is using, adding to it the application is built in .NET 1.1 framework.

I am planning to use the following version.
    Full package
    2.2.6565.0 November 24, 2006.

I got this version details from the URL you had mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
    Pratik

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pratik_Lara (had 454 views)

User (Old forums)

This is the package to install when you only want to have .NET 1.1 components on your system. Once it is installed, download and install the latest Service Pack for .NET 1.1 components (that you will find on the same page), and follow the steps described in the Readme file. This will permit you to use the latest .NET 1.1 components.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 206 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I have installed the 2.2.6565 package version and then the latest Service pack on it.
    I build my application after that and there were no issues in it.
    But during the run time i am getting an error “Xceed Error Code:xerSfxBinaryNotFound-Cannot find or open the self-extractor binary module”.

On debugging i have found that it uses the XceedZipLib name space and some objects under it. The version of Interop.XceedZipLib.dll is 4.5.0.0.

I think that this error is due to this Interop DLL. I think we need to use some latest version of this DLL. So where can i find this DLL.

Also please correcct me if the reason for this error is some thing else.

Thanks,
    Pratik

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pratik_Lara (had 486 views)

User (Old forums)

I think you are confusing products. XceedZipLib is a class within the ActiveX version of our product line, Xceed Zip Compression Library. From the start of this thread, you mentioned using the .NET version, that is, Xceed Zip for .NET. So I’m a bit confuse here.

Can provide more details on your code and references you use?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 260 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I am sorry for the above confusion. I was able to resolve this issue.

I am facing one more issue.
    For the files which have the last modified date between November to March month time frame, there is a difference of one hour in the last modified date for these file i.e. the last modified date for the file in the packaged zip and the actual file is not the same. There is a difference of one hour.

Where as this is not the case for files for which the last modified date is between April to October. Is this an issue in the XCEED software.

Adding more information…..
    The machine on which we are doing the zipping is in PST time zone and has the “Automatic adjust clock for Day light saving changes” checked.

Let me know if you require any more information for this issue.

Thanks,
    Pratik Lara

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pratik_Lara (had 414 views)

User (Old forums)

This is not an Xceed component issue, this is related to some machine which, for some reason, don’t handle the Daylight time changes properly. You need to get support from other sources to resolve this issue.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 7636 views)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.