Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Date editor and Text viewer in cell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17399 |

I’m trying to incorporate a standard Xceed DateEditor in a cell, but with the provision that the cell also be able to display non date information (the cell may need to display dates from multiple objects, which may not match >> want to display *Varies* in these circumstances). I’ve had some success with the CellViewManager set to a TextViewer but it’s not quite working. As a first question, is this the recommended approach for accomplishing this, or should I be trying a different approach? TIA

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Neil (had 790 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Neil,

To display multiple visual objects for a given cell, you have two options: one is to implement a UserControl that would contain the various objects. This would be user to code. The second option is to derive from the CellViewerManager and override the PaintCellBackground method.

For the edition, you should follow the same approach with the CellEditorManager replacing the CellViewerManager. We show you to derive the CellManager and CellEditor classes at the following link:

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/xceedgrid/CellViewerManager_and_CellEditorManager_extensions.html.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 236 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Mohamed, extending the CellViewerManager did the job.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Neil (had 1112 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.