Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF DataGridCollectionViewSource Exception in VS2008 Designer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #25649 |

For some reason the DataGridCollectionViewSource is consistently throwing an exception in the Visual Studio 2008 (RTM) designer whenever I click inside its tags. This happens for me on two machines, one running Windows XP and the other running Vista, both 32-bit. The actual contents of the DataGridCollectionViewSource tag do not appear to matter, unless there is some magical combination of attributes that alleviates the issue. Using the code example on the “Creating Your First DataGrid Project” page, for example, produces the same result.

The following XAML is sufficient to generate the exception:

<Window x:Class=”XceedDataGridTest.Window1″
    xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation&#8221;
    xmlns:x=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml&#8221;
    xmlns:xcdg=”http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/datagrid&#8221;
    Title=”Window1″ Height=”300″ Width=”300″>
    <Grid>
    <Grid.Resources>
    <xcdg:DataGridCollectionViewSource x:Key=”cvs_orders” Source=”{Binding Source={x:Static Application.Current}, Path=Orders}”/>
    </Grid.Resources>
    </Grid>
    </Window>

I have tried numerous values for the Source attribute, as well as eliminating the Source entirely. I have also tried relocating the tag to Window.Resources. All still generate an exception as soon as I click inside the tag. I suppose it is important to note that the control still functions correctly at run time, and does not seem to have any issues in the Blend 2 preview.

The following is the content of the exception:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Ambiguous match found.
    at System.RuntimeType.GetPropertyImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type returnType, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
    at System.Type.GetProperty(String name)
    at MS.Internal.ComponentModel.DependencyPropertyKind.get_IsDirect()
    at MS.Internal.ComponentModel.DependencyPropertyKind.get_IsAttached()
    at MS.Internal.ComponentModel.APCustomTypeDescriptor.GetProperties(Attribute[] attributes)
    at MS.Internal.ComponentModel.APCustomTypeDescriptor.GetProperties()
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.TypeDescriptionNode.DefaultExtendedTypeDescriptor.System.ComponentModel.ICustomTypeDescriptor.GetProperties()
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.GetPropertiesImpl(Object component, Attribute[] attributes, Boolean noCustomTypeDesc, Boolean noAttributes)
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.GetProperties(Object component)
    at MS.Internal.Model.ModelPropertyCollectionImpl.GetProperties(String propertyNameHint)
    at MS.Internal.Model.ModelPropertyCollectionImpl.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
    at MS.Internal.Designer.PropertyEditing.Model.ModelPropertyMerger.<GetFirstProperties>d__0.MoveNext()
    at MS.Internal.Designer.PropertyEditing.PropertyInspector.UpdateCategories(Selection selection)
    at MS.Internal.Designer.PropertyEditing.PropertyInspector.OnSelectionChangedIdle()

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Justin (had 3975 views)

User (Old forums)

A bit more detail that I forgot:

Reloading the designer does make the exception text go away. However, repeated exceptions will eventually cause VS2008 itself to crash. This makes it extremely frustrating to edit the DataGridCollectionViewSource in VS2008.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Justin (had 367 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi

any news here? I have the same problem, VS2008 RTM on XPSP2

Regards
    Klaus Wiesel

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by klaus (had 552 views)

Xceed Support

This is a known issue that will be fixed in version 2.0.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 226 views)

User (Old forums)

jenny

do you have a rough date when 2.0 will be released?

Regards
    Klaus

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by klaus (had 984 views)

Xceed Support

This issue has been fixed and is available for <a href=”http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx”>download</a&gt;.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 5030 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.