Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF DataGridCollectionView and DataContext?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #23455 |

Hi,

I have a question regarding the DataGridCollectionView..
    Using version 1.0 of the datagrid, i used DataTable.DefaultView as the datagrids ItemsSource and as the DataContext for the application.
    Now with version 1.1, do i have to (or must i) use the DataGridCollectionView as the ItemsSource? if so, does the DataGridCollectionView also work properly as DataContext (i.e. for bound textboxes, whichs binding should be updated when i select a row in the datagrid)

thanks

cheers

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 2342 views)

Xceed Support

It is not mandatory to use the DataGridCollectionView… However, using the DataGridCollectionView is necessary to obtain several of the performance enhancements of version 1.1 of the DataGridControl.

As for the DataContext thing… While I do not have your code… I suppose that if it doesn’t work out-of-the-box… a little tweaking should do the trick.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 343 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok thank you, good to hear that i can still use the good old DataView 🙂
    I asked because in my application ive had much trouble using the normal DataView as the ItemsSource, the DGCollectionView worked much butter … but i already sent a repro for that to you

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 3351 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.