Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF DataGrid focus isse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #26330 |

I am using version 2.0 of the datagrid and think I have discovered a bug. If you have a wpf window containing a textbox and datagrid, when you go from the textbox that has focus to the datagrid, the cursor stays in the textbox even though the datagrid has focus.

To reproduce:
    1. Create a wpf window with 2 textboxes and one datagrid
    2. Open the application and click in one of the textboxes. You will see a vertical line for the cursor.
    3. Click on a cell in the datagrid. The cell editor will appear and have focus but the vertical cursor line is still in the textbox.
    4. If you click in 1 textbox and then click in the other textbox, you will see the vertical cursor line disappears from the first textbox and appears in the second. So it works for other controls, not the datagrid.

If this is a bug, please let me know and of any work-arounds. If not, please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lance (had 2522 views)

User (Old forums)

I am having the same problem – does anybody have an idea / workaround / fix?

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bernhard (had 614 views)

Xceed Support

This is a known issue with the grid, which, unfortunately, does not have a workaround.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 545 views)

User (Old forums)

I think this is related….

When a editbox is focused and you click on another control a LostFocus event is fired.  But if you are focused on the editbox and you click on the DataGrid a LostFocus event is not fired from the editbox. 

I love you DataGrid but I am really pounding my head into a wall with all these LostFocuse issues that it has. (Entering and leaving the DataGrid)  I have to bend over backwards getting around them….which takes alot of time and effort.    Are these LostFocus events eventually going to be fixed.  From previous messages with support in these forums it doesn’t sound like you  even consider them as bugs or not very high priority…are there any plans ever to fix them?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 660 views)

User (Old forums)

David,

We are well aware of these focus problems, and fixing them is among our top priorities. In fact, we did fix it in the code for the upcoming v2.1 release and we are currently doing a lot of regression tests on the DataGrid to make sure that the fix didn’t break anything. If all goes well, these focus problems will be gone in 2.1. [:)]

In the meantime, you can set the FocusManager.IsFocusScopeProperty attached property to false on the DataGridControl. This might have some undesired side-effects, but it should fix most of the focus problems you are experiencing.

Hope this helps!

Pascal

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 1505 views)

User (Old forums)

That helps greatly.  Thank you for clearing that up for me Pascal. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 776 views)

User (Old forums)

I have another question…

I bought the professional DataGridControl version 2.0.  Will there be a fix for the LostFocus event in 2.0?  Or just in 2.1?  If its just in 2.1 will I be able to get that upgrade then?

Thanks. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 536 views)

Xceed Support

The fix will most likely be available only in version 2.1.

You can contact Charles at sales@xceedsoft.com, he will be able to give you all the information in regards to upgrades and if you are entitled to receive version 2.1 free of charge.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 1304 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.