Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Data zoom and re-scaling the x-axis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #18741 |

When I data-zoom into my chart, the number of ticks/labels on the x-axis are based on the original chart. I’d like to have the number of ticks/labels on the screen update as I zoom in so that there are always 20 ticks/labels . My x-axis is a date/time.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance,
    Jeff

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeff (had 4570 views)

User (Old forums)

When you use a DataZoomTool, the scaling of the axis is done automatically by the chart, to reflect the DataPoints that are displayed. It is not possible to change this behavior.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 329 views)

User (Old forums)

So is there a way to determine how far you’ve zoomed in so that I can update the number of ticks manually? Is there an event on data zoom that I can trigger off of to update by?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeff (had 205 views)

User (Old forums)

Unfortunately, no.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 208 views)

User (Old forums)

I am currently evaluating Xceed Chart and I would like to know if you will you correct this display problem in a near future.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Valerie (had 279 views)

User (Old forums)

I found a way to do what I wanted. Using the EndDrag event of the DataZoomTool I was able to change the Ruler->NumericScale->MaxTickCount of my axes when the user zooms. I can know how much zoomed in I am with the Ruler->PageSize and the FindMinValue()/FindMaxValue() methods on my SeriesData. It woks ok for me.

However, if I set ticks so that their displayed numeric values have more than 3 digits after the decimal point, some of the ticks begin to show values like 0.389199999999973 where I think it should be 0.3892. Why?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Valerie (had 5270 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.