Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Data not updating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #12715 |

There might be an easy fix for this, but I’ve (supposedly) looked everywhere. I am working on an app right now that has quite a few of these grid beauties in it. And I’ve run into something that I need to fix.

Lets say two grids are on one form.

Grid 2’s data is bound to a datasource and grid 1’s data is also bound to another data source.

I edit the data in grid 1, which updates the datasource, I then, inside that back-end data update the data used by grid 2, but grid 2 doesn’t SHOW the update until I actually click the grid itself.

Is there a way to update the data displayed in that grid (2) without the need to physically click the control itself?

I love this control. This app has 8 grid’s in it so far. 🙂

Thanks!
    -Buggi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buggi (had 3617 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Buggi,

This is surely happening because you are bound to a dataSource not fully implementing the IBindingList interface with the SupportsChangeNotification.

In that case, you have to rebind your second gridControl to the dataSource or, if possible, implement the IBindingList interface.

For more information on implementing the IBindingList interface, refer to our DataBindings sample and have a look at the ComposersBindingListComplete class.

Best regards!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by PL (had 337 views)

User (Old forums)

The datasources in question are ArrayLists…

🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buggi (had 385 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Buggi,
    I like to ask you something about Minot, not related to the thread! If you can reply that would be great, thanks. Boudie

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by boudie (had 4324 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.