Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Customizing Group Header

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #25505 |

Hi,

I’m trying to move the group header from the top of the group to the left hand side. Is this possible as all? I’ve tried templating the DataRow (PART_RowFocusRoot), but this removes all the grouping functionaility, meaning all rows are on their own group.

Is there a list of all these PART names we can set control templates to? I’d like to know the one wrapping around the whole group including the group header.

Thanks!

William

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 2335 views)

Xceed Support

The list of named part can be found in the documentation.

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/Templates.html

As for Layouting the Group Headers on either sides of the Rows, this is actually not possible.

Effectivelly, layout of all the items present in the grid ( headers, footers, group header, group footer, data item ) is done by a single panel. This comes from the ItemsControl base principles.

We are already aware of this limitation for people that wish to create a more “artistic” layout, and we are considering the possible solutions at this stage. However, you should not expect a fix to this limitation anytime soon.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 319 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your prompt reply! We’ll probably be doing our own grouping to get the desired effect. But it is nice to get a confirmation on the subject.

However, if I may add to the list of feature request. The group header effect that we’re trying to achieve is that the first group level be on the side, while the secondary group headers be normal where they are. So it would be nice if the position of the headers can be configured on a per level bases.

Thanks!

William

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 3500 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.