Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Creating self extracting exe-files?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #19362 |

I have trouble understanding how to make self extracting zip-files (exe-files). Can somebody explain how to do this. I would prefer some kind of code example!

Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by AndreasElin (had 3887 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Andrea,

Take a look at the <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/zipNet/doc/sources/creating_self-extracting_zip_files.htm”>Creating self-extracting zip files</a> topic in the help file. It should help you out.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 259 views)

User (Old forums)

I have tried that, but I get mysterious exceptions:

when I try to create the XceedSfxPrefix object in the example I get an exception:

An unhandled exception of type ‘Xceed.FileSystem.ItemDoesNotExistException’ occurred in xceed.filesystem.dll

Additional information: Cannot perform the requested operation on an item that does not exist.

Then I try to do a Create() on the DiskFile object, but the I get another exception:

An unhandled exception of type ‘Xceed.Zip.Sfx.InvalidSfxModuleException’ occurred in xceed.zip.dll

Additional information: This module is not recognized as an Xceed Sfx Module.

How do I solve this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by AndreasElin (had 327 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Andreas,

You need to make sure that the SFX module you are trying to use actually exists in the specified location. Calling Create() on the DiskFile will not create a valid SFX module.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 273 views)

User (Old forums)

How about a sample:

Dim Z1 As New ZipArchive(ZF1)

Dim SFX1 As New Sfx.XceedSfxPrefix(New DiskFile(Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath & “\xcdsfx32.bin”))

Z1.SfxPrefix = SFX1

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Wayne (had 4831 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.