Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Could not load file or assembly Xceed.FileSystem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20940 |

When i deploy my app to our server I get the following error thrown. When setting the license key value.

Could not load file or assembly ‘Xceed.FileSystem, Version=3.5.7326.14130’
    I am compiled against version 3.6.7376.15420 and don’t understand why it’s looking for another version.

both my local machine and the server have the same exact versions of the Xceed.FileSystem.dll

Any ideas?

string _configXceedLicenseKey = “XceedLicenseKey”;
    string path = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location + “.config”;
    NameValueCollection appSettingCollection;
    ConfigurationManager manager = new ConfigurationManager();
    Configuration configuration = manager.OpenExeConfiguration(path);

appSettingCollection = configuration.AppSettings.Settings;

Xceed.Ftp.Licenser.LicenseKey = appSettingCollection[_configXceedLicenseKey]; // THIS IS THE LINE THAT THROWS THE ERROR

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Michael (had 3792 views)

Xceed Support

Are all the necessary .dll included?

Did you redirect your reference to the new .dll? It seems that the application is looking for a different version of the .dll.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 2327 views)

User (Old forums)

I had (almost) the same problem. Im just gonna write here how i solved it, maybe it’ll help someone someday…=P

The thing was that when I installed Xceed components to my server machine, I downloaded the latest version from the Xceed
    website. In that version the .dll file versions were newer than the ones that were referred in my web.config file. I changed the version numbers to correct one in the web.config and the problem was solved.[8-|]

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Imnot (had 1875 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.