Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Convert pixels to printed inches

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #14326 |

I’m using GridPrintDocument to print my grid, but how can I convert the grid’s pixels to inches on a printed page?

I want to resize my grid’s width so that it fills the printed page. I know the size — in inches — of the page. I know the size — in pixels — of the grid. By brute force experimentation, it seems that a grid that is 650 pixels wide just fits onto a 6.5 inch wide page. So one pixel equals 1/100 inch in my current setup. But how is that ratio affected by printer resolution (currently 600 dpi), screen resolution (currently 1200 x 800 pixels), or other variables under the users’ control?

I can’t figure out any formula that would result in “1 pixel = 1/100 printed inch.” Is there a way to calculate the size of a printed grid?

I’m using version 2.2 of the Grid control.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by AlphaGuys (had 2185 views)

User (Old forums)

We use System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.Display to print the Grid. Therefore, the conversion is automatically done by the graphics class. We use standard .NET classes and you should be able to find more information about this using google and such.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 2909 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.