Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Control/Shift Click and Drag/Drop Functionality

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #13547 |

Is there a way to have the XCeed grid row-selection work as per standard Windows functionality with respect to dragging and dropping? I’ve tried the following in Windows explorer and in my grid and I get different results:

Say you have three items (rows) in your list (grid). You click on the first. Then you Control+Click on the third. This highlights both items. Then say you left-click and hold (not control click!) on either highlighted item and start dragging it.

Notice how in Windows Explorer it remembers that you have a few items highlighted and starts dragging the items.

However, in Xceed grid, when I click and hold on that last item, all of the items “un-highlight” except the last one that I clicked on. If I CONTROL+left-click when I begin my drag, it works as expected.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can change this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sped (had 675 views)

User (Old forums)

I have been experiencing the same problems. It is a very difficult behavior to expect a user to perform. It’s just not very intuitive. It appears that the grid changes the selection based on the mouse down event, it should change the selection on the mouse up event, if the mouse hasn’t moved in between… or hasn’t “left” the cell.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kiwi (had 2804 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.