Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Connect failure / timeout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #20931 |

Hello!

I’ve been trying to use SSL authentication with a specific destination port, but I have been unsuccessful thus far.

Further troubleshooting lead me to the samples, and using the CSharp Console FTP Program.

Even when trying the xceed ftp server (ftp.xceed.com), it fails. Sample output:
    Welcome to Xceed Console FTP sample application.
    ftp> auth ssl
    Authentication method changed to Ssl.
    ftp> open http://ftp.xceed.com
    <- 220 Serv-U FTP Server v6.0 for WinSock ready…
    -> AUTH SSL
    <- 234 AUTH command OK. Initializing SSL connection.

After that point it simply hangs until the timeout elapses and disconnects.

Any pointers how to get the sample app to proceed?

-brad

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bsenff (had 4438 views)

Xceed Support

The Ftp server we provide for customer to test with (ftp.xceed.com) does not accept secure (like SSL) connections. To test the secure connection, you need to use your own secure Ftp server.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 247 views)

User (Old forums)

Clarification:

When I connect to port 21 on my server, the above happens too (ie: same thing as Xceed’s site).

When I connect to the specific port made for my use on the same server, I just get disconnected.

Another important note:
    We have a production VB app using this same server, port, and more importantly Xceed library, without issue. I cannot figure out how it is doing anything different than what I am doing in CSharp.

(yes, i am handling the cert received event in the Csharp code)

-brad

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bsenff (had 418 views)

User (Old forums)

Interesting, why does the server respond “OK” if it doesn’t actually support it?

Either way, the same thing happens to me on a known-working SSL enabled server.

This is with the sample app, so there is something amiss, I just can’t figure out what.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bsenff (had 392 views)

Xceed Support

When I said our server does not “accept” SSL connection, I meant that our customers did not have the necessary credentials.

The server will return a “OK” (234) command to notify the client that it opened a “Secure socket” to start the authentication process (The “Handshake” between the client and the server). In short, the connection is complete, but the “login” part is still to come and in this case, will fail (trying a SSL connection with “anonymous” credentials).

ftp> open http://ftp.xceed.com
    <- 220 Serv-U FTP Server v6.0 for WinSock ready…
    -> AUTH SSL
    <- 234 AUTH command OK. Initializing SSL connection.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 5259 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.