Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Conflicting chart.dll versions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #19022 |

Hi – I had one of my people running our beta app on his box. He was running the compiled beta. This is using chart version v2.0.50727. He also had a later version of the xceed controls installed on his box for development. The chart dll our beta app is using is compiled to the local folder. When he tried to use the form that the chart was on, the app crashed saying there was a conflict in the chart dll’s. He uninstalled the xceed controls and the problem went away. Apparent my app was trying to use the later dll instead of the one in the app folder. I thought that this kind of dll conflict would not happen with VS2005. This may not be your issue, but I was surprised by it.

Thanks.

Scott

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Scott (had 2755 views)

User (Old forums)

It should work.

Have you set the “Copy Local” and “Specific Version” properties of the Xceed references to true?  This may force the application to first look for the dlls in the local folder instead of looking for the dlls in the GAC.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 237 views)

User (Old forums)

That’s what I thought too. I do have copy local and specific version set to true. I’ll have to set it up that way myself and try replicate the error. I’ll let you know what happens.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Scott (had 3399 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.