Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Conditional BackColor and ReadOnly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #14496 |

Hi

I have a check box in my grid and I want when the grid is loaded for the line that is ticked to true to be made read only and the back colour to be red. I have been struggling with this for a while now so any help would be appreciated. there are some examples in earlier discussions but they are not in vb.net and I cannot seem to convert them.

Thanks in advance
    Hunny6624

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Hunny6624 (had 2790 views)

User (Old forums)

Add an event handler for the AddingDataRow event, and in it, do something like this :

Private Sub GridControl1_AddingDataRow(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.AddingDataRowEventArgs) Handles GridControl1.AddingDataRow

if( e.DataRow.Cells( “<name or index of your column” ).Value = True) then
    e.DataRow.ReadOnly = True
    e.DataRow.BackColor = Color.Red
    End If

End Sub

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 373 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Andre

Thank you very much for the response. I have tried to apply the code but when I apply it to the detail grid addingrows handler the detailgrid becomes unviewable. If i apply it to the grid the entire grid becomes unviewable. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cheers
    Hunny6624:~

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Hunny6624 (had 268 views)

User (Old forums)

I suggest that you send a request to support@xceedsoft.com, with as much details as possible on how you do things (binding: where and how; event handler: where do you add it; etc…), so we can identify why it is not working in your particular case.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4038 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.