Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Compared to Xceed Grid for .NET – what’s missing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #26134 |

I would like to adopt Xceed DataGrid for WPF in my next project. Unfortunately, it seems to be missing some of the major feature areas available in Xceed Grid for .NET, specifically Excel Export and Reporting (which would be extremely beneficial to my project). No doubt there are other minor features missing from, and perhaps features only in, the WPF product.

Has Xceed prepared a document which describes the feature differences of Grid for .NET and DataGrid for WPF?

Is there a road map outlining when these features areas will become available in DataGrid for WPF?

Kind regards,

Stephen Turner

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Stephen (had 2761 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Stephen,

You can take a look at the “Migrating from Xceed Grid for .NET” page in the documentation, which will give you and idea of what is the same and what is different between the WinForms and WPF versions; however, we do not have a document that provides an exact list nor have all the features for upcoming releases been decided yet (although Odi has mentioned in another post that he is working on one).

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 379 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Here are the features are in Xceed Grid for .NET v3.7 that aren’t in Xceed DataGrid for WPF v2.0:

– True WYSIWYG design-time experience (not possible in VS2008 for WPF at this time).
    – Export to Excel, PDF, HTML, JPEG, TIFF.
    – Accessibility.
    – Certain events.
    – A couple of editors (Multi-column combo, numeric up-down…).
    – Hierarchy lines in Master/Detail.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 2945 views)

User (Old forums)

That is cool. So, when can we expect v3.7 ? We need the export to excel feature that you are talking about.

– Prudhvi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by prudhvi (had 648 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Xceed Grid for .NET v3.7, the Windows forms grid, has export to Excel. It is Xceed DataGrid WPF that doesn’t yet have it. It is in the roadmap for v2.2, Q4 2008.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 664 views)

User (Old forums)

Just looking for an update to the WPF Xceed Grid for release in Q4 2008. Could you specify an actual month for the release? and is it still slated to have support for export to Excel. Really would like to have the Excel Export Capability

Thanks,

Matt 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by matt (had 999 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.