Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Collapsed Groups problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #25752 |

Within my application, I am finding that if a TableView grid has some groups collapsed, when I select a different tab and then going back to the tab with the grid on causes these groups to be expanded. It does not work the other way around (ie expanded groups are not collapsed which is good).

Anyone else seen similar or know a potential solution?

Application uses a TabControl and no processing has been created for when the tab is changed.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Derek (had 3397 views)

User (Old forums)

I am seeing the same problem.

Also, if the InitiallyCollapsed property is set, the opposite problem occurs. Groups that were expanded before selecting a different tab are found in the collapsed state when returning to the tab. It is as if the state of the grouping is lost when focus is lost.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 411 views)

User (Old forums)

This is similar to what happens when you sort

If I have a grouped grid configured with a couple groups open and the rest closed. A sorting operation will toggle the open/closed state for all groups to their default value. This is really dis-orienting. The sort changes what you’re looking at instead of just changing the order of it!

I’m guessing that when an “invalidated” grid is re-drawn on a tab switch, something similar is happening, the grid is just re-animated according to it’s defaults.

I don’t like this “feature” :~ … any work-around appreciated.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 416 views)

Xceed Support

Version 2.0 fixes this issue 🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 245 views)

User (Old forums)

Nothing like the talk of a new version of Xceed WPF DataGrid to keep me sitting on the edge of my seat 😛 … Sounds Great! Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 4574 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.