Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Changing polar graph angle labels

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18778 |

I want to graph time indexed data using a polar graph. My first data set occurs over a one week period. The polar axis will represent the time of day and is easily accomplished by using a manual scale and setting my own major tick marks. The angle labels will be the days of the week (Mon – Sun). However, I don’t see how I can achieve this.

The AngleLabelFormat of the polar axis seems restricted to degrees or radians. Any changes to the properties of the associated AngleLabelsValueFormatting seem to be filtered through these values (0 – 360 or the radian equivalent). That makes my starting date/time value 12/30/1899 00:00.

How do I create seven angular axes that are labeled Monday through Sunday?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mike (had 2741 views)

User (Old forums)

This is not possible. The polar axis labels are really intended to show the angles each major tick represent, though you can change the format to a date or some other number, but they will always be meaningless, since you cannot change the axis labels, which always range from 0 to 360 degrees.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 172 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the response. It seems this particular graph works well for numerical visualization, but not much else. Added flexibility in a future release would make it a heck of a lot more useful.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mike (had 3803 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.