Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Cant see the DataSource property ( using express edition v2.0.8277.15250)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #16490 |

Guys, I have placed a grid control on my windows form and I am trying to display a simple table data. I am following the sample but the DataSource and DataMember are not showing up in intellisense. Even if I disregard and go ahead, I get a compile error. I have added references to the Xceed libraries. What am I missing ? Please help. Thanks

—————————————————my code ———————————————-

using System.Windows;
    using Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid;
    using System.Data.SqlClient;
    using System.Data.Sql;
    using System.Data.SqlTypes;
    using System.Configuration;

string connString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[“BookStoreString”].ConnectionString;
                SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connString);
                con.Open();

//SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(“select * from tabAuthors”, con);
                string sqlString = “select * from tabPatient”;
                SqlDataAdapter dataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter(sqlString, con);
                System.Data.DataSet dataSet =new System.Data.DataSet(“Authors”);
                dataAdapter.Fill(dataSet);

grid1.DataSource= dataSet;

grid1.DataMember = “Authors”;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sarma (had 558 views)

User (Old forums)

Are you use the .NET grid or the WPF one?

If you are using the .NET version, then you are not referencing the right dlls.  You need to reference Xceed.Grid.dll, Xceed.Editors.dll, Xceed.UI.dll, Xceed.Validation.dll.  Right now, you are referencing the WPF version (using Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid).

If you are using the WPF version, first you are not in the right forums section, and second, there is no such properties on the DataGrid.  The binding is completely different in WPF.

You can look at the following topic in the documentation to learn how to bind the DataGrid :

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/How-to%20Provide%20Data.html

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 227 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks  a lot, that solved the problem.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sarma (had 910 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.