Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Cancel sorting when SortCollectionChanged

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #26196 |

My questions is Can I cancel sorting operation somewhere before Grid is sorted??
    My datagrid is filled with just part of my data (pagination). I do need the sorting functionality in the grid, but the problem is that using the default sorting, the datagrid only sorts part of the data. I need to execute custom sort. I was using all the information, column names and type of sort in the SortCollectionChanged event and execute my custom sort but I get an error of not “finished operation” because later I try to redefine a new ItemSource for the Grid. The problem is that the Sorting operation never ends. That’s why I was wondering if there is a way to cancel the sort operation on the SortCollectionChanged event??
    Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Darwin (had 2002 views)

Xceed Support

There is no direct hook in the DataGridControl to “cancel” the built-in sorting.

However, you could override the default ColumnManagerCell behavior by building your own ColumnManagerCell/Row derived classes.

Sorting logic is done in the OnMouseLeftButtonUp() method, so you could avoid calling base for your particular scenario and invoke the appropriate sorting algorithm.

Note: You should make sure the Data Source “resets” after your sorting is complete for the DataGridControl to refresh.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 3079 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.