Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Can we select multiple cards in CardView?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #22375 |

Hello,

I’ve designed my card view with VirtualizingCardPanel, I’ve also set SelectionMode=”Multiple” for the DataGridControl, but I could not select multiple cards (by holding the Ctrl or Shift key and click the cards). It’s not a problem with TableView.

Please let me know how to enable multiple selection for CardView?

Thanks,
    Chinh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chinh (had 3449 views)

Xceed Support

I am unable to reproduce the issue where it is not possible to select multiple cards in CardView…

However, by the description of the problem, I am unsure of the exact nature of the problem. Effectivelly, “multiple” is not designed to function along with the CTRL and/or SHIFT keys (only the “extended” mode will). Clicking on an item will select/unselect it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 294 views)

User (Old forums)

Marcus,

For example, in Live Explorer:
    – Table View: you can hold down <Ctrl> or <Shiff> key while clicking on many items to make multiple selection.
    – Card View: You can not do that.

Please confirm that we can not make multiple selection for Card View?

Thanks,
    Chinh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chinh (had 301 views)

Xceed Support

In the Live Explorer, both in TableView and in CardView, I cannot reproduce the behavior you are mentioning. I am able to select multiple items without problems.

Is it possible that the “Live Explorer” look creates confusion on the matter? When a card is “selected” (in the Live Explorer look), the gradient of the Card header changes and the text foreground color turns black (from white). The “arrow” is the indication that a card is “current” (and it is not possible to have more than one item current, in TableView or CardView).

Can you confirm that you still encounter the problem. Because if its the case, that would mean you are encountering a bug which is hard to reproduce bug.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 300 views)

User (Old forums)

Oops, you’re right. I had “Use custom DataRow template” checked and with custom DataRow, we could not see any difference between selected and not selected rows.

Thanks,
    Chinh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chinh (had 4650 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.