Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Can the content of a cell be a clickable link?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #22695 |

Is there a way to make one of the columns be a series of links?

And then how would I hook up the event that would be executed when the user clicks on one of the cells (one of the links)?

Please keep in mind that for now I just want to bind the datagridcontrol to a dataset I retrieve from a web service (so I’m now explicitly defining the columns in a ControlTemplate).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Emmanuel (had 7131 views)

Xceed Support

This can be done by placing a CellContentTemplate on the Column which is the “links” column.

Here is a quick example of a CellContentTemplate:

To be placed in a resource dictionary:

<code>
    <DataTemplate x:Key=”myLinkTemplate”>
    <Hyperlink NavigateUri=”{Binding}” RequestNavigate=”OnRequestNavigate” />
    </DataTempalte>
    </code>

Then, in the code behind for the resource dictionary where you defined this resource:

<code>
    private void OnRequestNavigate ( object sender, RequestNavigateEventArgs e)
    {
    //Do whatever you want here…
    }
    </code>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 506 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the fast reply and for letting me know this is possible, I really appreciate it!

I’m trying to add the above DataTemplate to my resource dictionary, but I’m getting this error when trying to compile the project:

‘ResourceDictionary’ root element requires a x:Class attribute to support event handlers in the XAML file. Either remove the event handler for the RequestNavigate event, or add a x:Class attribute to the root element. Line 87 Position

I tried adding an x:Class at the top of my resource dictionary XAML file but that didn’t work. I tried adding the above DataTemplate to a new resource dictionary within my window.resources, but that didn’t work. I guess I’m just not understanding how to use data template that have event handlers.

Is there a full example I could look at that uses a DataTemplate with a RequestNavigate event handler (or any event handler)?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Emmanuel (had 1415 views)

User (Old forums)

For those wanting to do something similar, I ended up using a CellContentTemplate:

<xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”MyField”>
    <xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
    <Button Content=”{Binding}” Click=”OnMyFieldClick”/>
    </DataTemplate>
    </xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    </xcdg:Column>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>

Sub OnMyFieldClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    MsgBox(“Yeah Baby!”)
    End Sub

Place the <xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns> inside your <xcdg:DataGridControl>. I did a button instead of a link, since using <hyperlink> within the <datatemplate> here was giving me an error (something about inheriting a <FrameworkElement> for this to work).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Emmanuel (had 514 views)

User (Old forums)

The error mentioned in the previous post can be solved by surrounding the Hyperlink with a TextBlock (or any other relevant FrameworkElement descendant):

<TextBlock>
    <Hyperlink NavigateUri=”{Binding Path=(prod:PageField.HRef), Mode=OneWay}” TargetName=”_blank”>
    <TextBlock Text=”{Binding Path=Name, Mode=OneWay}”/>
    </Hyperlink>
    </TextBlock>

However, this produces a DataGrid Row error (which I consider a bug):

Message: Unable to cast object of type ‘System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink’ to type ‘System.Windows.Media.Visual’.
    Source: Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid
    at Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Row.OnIsKeyboardFocusWithinChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseIsKeyboardFocusWithinChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.FocusWithinProperty.FireNotifications(UIElement uie, ContentElement ce, Boolean oldValue)
    at System.Windows.ReverseInheritProperty.FirePropertyChangeInAncestry(DependencyObject element, Boolean oldValue, DeferredElementTreeState treeState)
    at System.Windows.ReverseInheritProperty.FirePropertyChangeInAncestry(DependencyObject element, Boolean oldValue, DeferredElementTreeState treeState)
    at System.Windows.ReverseInheritProperty.OnOriginValueChanged(DependencyObject oldOrigin, DependencyObject newOrigin, DeferredElementTreeState& oldTreeState)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.ChangeFocus(DependencyObject focus, Int32 timestamp)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.TryChangeFocus(DependencyObject newFocus, IKeyboardInputProvider keyboardInputProvider, Boolean askOld, Boolean askNew, Boolean forceToNullIfFailed)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(DependencyObject focus, Boolean askOld, Boolean askNew)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(IInputElement element)
    at System.Windows.ContentElement.Focus()
    at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.ContentElement.OnMouseLeftButtonDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.ContentElement.ReRaiseEventAs(RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
    at System.Windows.ContentElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(RoutedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nelis (had 750 views)

User (Old forums)

Getting the same Error….it MUST be a bug as I have a Hyperlink in a normal TextBlock (outside of a grid) and it performs perfectly.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Desmond (had 536 views)

Xceed Support

I have confirmed that this is an issue and haved added a case. You will be notified when it is corrected.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 396 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Jenny…all we are left to use in place of a Hyperlink is a Button which looks a bit cumbersome ..unless somebody has a nice Content Control to make a Button look like Link 😉

Cheers,

Dezzz.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Desmond (had 696 views)

Xceed Support

You can try this (I didn’t put the required navigation code in)

<code>
    <xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
    <TextBlock>
    <Underline>
    <local:BindableRun BindableText=”{Binding}”/>
    </Underline>
    </TextBlock>
    </DataTemplate>
    </xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    </code>

If you want the code for the “binadable run”:

<code>
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Windows.Documents;
    using System.Windows;

namespace Xceed.Wpf.Documentation
    {
    class BindableRun : Run
    {
    public BindableRun()
    :base()
    {
    }

public static string GetBindableText( DependencyObject obj )
    {
    return ( string )obj.GetValue( BindableTextProperty );
    }

public static void SetBindableText( DependencyObject obj, string value )
    {
    obj.SetValue( BindableTextProperty, value );
    }

public static readonly DependencyProperty BindableTextProperty =
    DependencyProperty.Register( “BindableText”, typeof( string ), typeof( BindableRun ), new UIPropertyMetadata( null, BindableTextProperty_PropertyChanged ) );

private static void BindableTextProperty_PropertyChanged(
    DependencyObject dependencyObject,
    DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e )
    {
    if( dependencyObject is Run )
    {
    ( ( Run )dependencyObject ).Text = ( string )e.NewValue;
    }
    }
    }
    }

</code>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 525 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey..now that’s a service,,,Many thanks !!!

Cheers,

Dezzz.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Desmond (had 474 views)

Xceed Support

My pleasure 🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 7631 views)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.