Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Can’t put the component in the toolbox.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #22969 |

Hello,

I’ve downloaded Xceed Datagrid for WPF, but the License key I received seems to be for trial version. At least so it seems at the component licenser. Isn’t it a free component?

I also can’t put the component in my Visual Studio toolbox and no sample opens. Instead they display the following message: “The project type is not supported by this installation”.

I’m using Visual Studio 2005 on Windows XP SP2 and of course Framework 3.0 is installed on the PC.

Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Christos

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christos (had 3023 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Christos,

Even though the license says it is trial, it will still unlock all the current features provided by the datagrid.

The current version of the component does not have a designer; therefore, it cannot be placed in the toolbox. You can refer to the Installation Instructions topic in the documentation for information on how to install and license the component.

Even if you have Framework 3.0 installed, you still need to download and install the <a href=”http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F54F5537-CC86-4BF5-AE44-F5A1E805680D&displaylang=en”>Windows Presentation Foundation extensions</a>.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 257 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Some further clarifications:

– There is no design-time support for WPF controls in Visual Studio 2005, this is something Microsoft is adding for Visual Studio 2007/2008 (Orcas). We will, of course, support that.

– Rest assured, the key you received by email is absolutely 100% a registered license key with all the privileges we promised: free bug fixes, free new features (for example, in the forthcoming v1.1, we have added a number of new features such as a new CollectionView, new properties, noticeably improved performance, etc. which are provided free to you as a holder of that registered key.).

– There is no need to use the Xceed Component Licenser with Xceed DataGrid for WPF.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 372 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you both for your quick answers.

You’ve been really helpfull.

Regards,

Christos

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christos (had 3973 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.