Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Can it be used in Windows Forms?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #22468 |

Hi everybody,

In the features section of the documentation, it’s said that this grid can be used in Windows Forms. I’d like to know it is possible to use it working with .NET Framework 2.0 or it is necesary to install .NET Framework 3.0.

Another thing is that in the Visual Studio Control Toolbar there is only a component called Xceed.Grid.GridControl. I don’t see any object of type Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.DataGridControl and if I try to create one in the code, I get a compilaton error because a reference to ‘PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0’. It seems like I must use .NET 3.0, right?

Regards,

Gonzalo

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gonzalo (had 3352 views)

Xceed Support

Right! 😉

Xceed DataGrid for WPF is a .NET 3.0 product and requires .NET 3.0 to run.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 213 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok, and what about update 1.0.7113.3050? It’s suposed to be compiled for .NET 2.0, can I downlod and use it in Windows Forms?
    Thanks again.
    Regards,

Gonzalo

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gonzalo (had 335 views)

Xceed Support

– Xceed DataGrid for WPF (DataGridControl) is our Windows Presentation Foundation data grid component, it requires .NET 3.0 to run. (this component is licensed freely)

– Xceed Grid for .NET (GridControl) is our WinForms data grid component, it has been compiled for .NET 2.0. (this component is <b>not</b> licensed freely).

Xceed DataGrid for WPF (.NET 3.0) can be used in WinForms by using the ElementHost class to “wrap” the WPF control.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 291 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok Marc, thanks a lot.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gonzalo (had 4437 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.