Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Can I add a SmartCheckedListBox to an ExplorerTaskPane Group?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18450 |

Hello all.

I know that a  SmartCheckedListBox  cannot be added as an item to the group property of an ExplorerTaskPane, but maybe there’s a workaround?I have a SmartExplorerTaskPane that contains some ExplorerTaskPane.Groups. I need to display a SmartCheckedListBox inside one of these groups. Is that possible, in any way? I cannot add it to the Items property of the group. The error i receive is this:

Value of type  ‘Xceed.SmartUI.Controls.CheckedListBox.SmartCheckedListBox’ cannot be converted to ‘Xceed.SmartUI.SmartItem’.   

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Anda (had 1601 views)

Xceed Support

The problem here is that you cannot put a SmartUI control inside an other SmartUI control. However, you could add directly CheckedListBoxItems to the ExplorerTaskPane.Groups.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 701 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you for your reply. I knew about that, but it’s not what we need. I was wondering if maybe I can use anything to look and / or behave like a Xceed.SmartUI.Controls.CheckedListBox.SmartCheckedListBox and still be able to be placed inside an ExplorerTaskPane Group? Or maybe I can derive that functionality somehow in a new control, and make it a SmartUI.SmartItem control …

Thanks again. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Anda (had 2575 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.