Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Call for Themes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Spectator
    #21758 |

Xceed DataGrid for WPF currently includes a few themes (“skins”, if you will), such as Classic and Luna for integrating into applications with a battleship-grey look, and Aero and Royale for a Vista or Media Center look.

You have also seen the custom orange Xceed theme used in the Live Explorer demo.

Our question to the community is, do you want to see many more themes, or are most of you going to be creating your own anyway, so there’s no need to put any more effort on this? And if you would like to see more themes, which ones would you like to see?

Examples of themes:

– Zune theme. (To fit in on XP machines using the Zune theme)
    – Windows Media Player 11 theme. (Almost completed already)
    – iTunes-like theme. (In progress)

Thanks for your feedback.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 12078 views)

User (Old forums)

I think adding these additional themes would be nice to have, particulary since it seems like you have already started working on two of them. I don’t think creating any additional themes would be worth the effort, although putting together a solid tutorial on how to create our own themes would be nice.

I would rather see the development effort focus on adding new features and fixing bugs found by the community, although what I have seen so far is a very good product with good community support.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Scott (had 958 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi,

Well, the thing is, our WPF team consists of both developers, and graphics designers, and therefore even if we have all the developers working on performance enhancements, bug fixes, and new features, the graphics designers still have time to create new views and themes. Your suggestion to put together a solid tutorial is noted, thanks.

There’s also the Office 2007 blue / silver / black themes.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 568 views)

User (Old forums)

First of all, the grid looks sensational – great work. Thanks also for providing it free of charge – we’ll certainly be watching Xceed for future non-free XPF control suites.

Let me speak for all the non-artistically inclined developers out there (and i know there are a lot of us) when i say – Themes. Please!

Is there any way to get the Live Explorer theme? In not put me down as a vote to make it available.

Thanks,
    Ad

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Adam (had 783 views)

User (Old forums)

How can I download themes. I seem to have a few in the samples file; but I would like the orange theme from your demo and the office 2007 ones that you mentioned.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 851 views)

User (Old forums)

I would love a theme that is as unobtrusive as possible (no hilighting, trim, etc) that could take precedence over the end user’s theme.

also a zune theme would be nice.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Adam (had 876 views)

User (Old forums)

Will the Media Player 11 and Office themes be reserved for Vanguard subscribers or will there be any possibility of obtaining (buying?) them separately?

Also, a tutorial on creating themes would be great.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by valure (had 594 views)

Xceed Support

Hi,

There is a tutorial being under construction at the moment…

For the other question, I’m gonna let Odi answer this one for now 😉

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 558 views)

Xceed Support

The tutorial is almost completed—just running it through a couple of people here to get the “kinks” out. Would any of you be interested in trying it out? If so, I could arrange to make it available to you for testing.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 570 views)

User (Old forums)

I am interested in testing it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by valure (had 823 views)

Xceed Support

OK. Those of you who would like to test the tutorial, please send me an <a href=”mailto:belandj@xceedsoft.com?Subject=Tutorial Beta”>email</a>. I will not make it available “publicly” as other portions of the documentation are not complete and I think it will be easier to manage feedback through email rather than on the forums.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 730 views)

User (Old forums)

Jenny,

Now I saw the document at http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/Custom%20Theme%20Part%201.html. But I don’t see the project wizard after I install DataGrid For WPF 1.2. Do I need to do anything special?

Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nat (had 733 views)

Xceed Support

You need to be in Visual Studio and create a new project. The template should be under Visual C# (VB is coming soon) and the NET Framework 3.0. Under Templates, you should have Xceed DataGrid for WPF Theme.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 438 views)

User (Old forums)

I tried that. I didn’t see any Xceed folder in there.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nat (had 840 views)

Xceed Support

Try reinstalling the package. If that fails, send the installation log to the support department. They will be able to help you out.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 495 views)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.