Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Building column manager row for detail grid on main grid

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #16892 |

In order to ‘solve’ the problem with detail grid headers scrolling off when you have a lot of detail rows, I created a custom column manager row (derived from Row) that is hosted in the main grid area that has a pointer to the detail grid (this way it never scrolls off).  It mostly works now but I need something to cause it to repaint when my detail column widths change.  What’s the best way to have it repaint?  A method in Row?

Bernie

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bernard (had 2010 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok i’m trying (row).Invalidate()  but what i’m finding is that the detail grid that I am using (which is the detail grid that I created when creating the grid, doesn’t seem to reflect the changed column widths (because i’m painting the column headers there).  Does the grid create copies of the the detail grid?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bernard (had 2043 views)

User (Old forums)

Not sure I understand what you are doing, and how to help you, but the following explanation may give you some pointers.

The grid works with templates.  For example, the gird uses a detail grid template to generate the actual instances for each master row.  What this means is that if you make changes to a detail grid instance, it will be reflected immediately.  However, if you make changes to the template instead, and you do it AFTER the actual instances are created, it will not be reflected in the instances.  To reflect changes, the UpdateDetailGrids() method must be called on the GridControl.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2252 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.