Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Bug with Databinding

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #23203 |

Guys i really have a problem with the grid at the moment. Two way datababinding worked fine with version 1.0 but now it seems that it does not work any more at all 🙁

I tryed to bind the grid in XAML to an ObjectDataProvider and also at runtime. Both did not work. I have implementet INotifyProperty and also ObservableCollection in all of my MOdel Classes. It works fine with the Microsoft Grid from .Net 2.0. But i rather would like to use your grid, since it is much more powerful. Could you please let me know if there is something wrong? Is version 1.0 still available to download?

Thanks
    Silas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 6455 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Silas,

Can you give me the XAML code that worked in 1.0 and not in 1.1?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 288 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the quick reply! I was debuging the whole night and just after i did this post i found my mistake: one of the fields in my Model is readonly (only getter but no setter). Obviously the grid does not allow two way binding for all the elements if for one is not possible 🙁

Sorry for the Bug notice… my fault

cheers
    Silas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 467 views)

User (Old forums)

anyway, i think this behavior is new. am i right?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 447 views)

Xceed Support

Not sure I understand. When you say “element is read-only” are you referring to a column or a property in your object? The grid supports two-way binding on any property as long as it is not read-only. Having 1 property in your object that is read-only should not prevent the other properties from using two-way binding.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 428 views)

User (Old forums)

i am referring to a property from my object. when i insert also a setter to that property the whole binding works as supposed.

if i try doing it in XAML with an objectdataprovider and i assign explicitly a TwoWay Binding i even get a runtime error and the program crashes.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 454 views)

Xceed Support

I spoke with the developer who coded all that has to do with the data binding, and he seems to think that the behavior should have been the same between 1.0 and 1.1. Would it be possible to send us a sample that demonstrates that the error did not occur in 1.0 so that we can test with 1.1?

Send the sample to support@xceedsoft.com and mention that it is for my attention (Jenny).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 276 views)

User (Old forums)

i sent you the files and i also bought the vanguard support, thanks in advance

cheers
    Silas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 398 views)

Xceed Support

Great. I will investigate and get back to you by email.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 287 views)

User (Old forums)

thanks 🙂

i have not much documentation in the source code though.

btw: my real name is Ralf

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 341 views)

User (Old forums)

It works now, thanks for your help!

The problem was, that i asigned the coulmns at runtime and forgot to set the DisplayMemberBinding to the correct way. So it worked in the other aplication (because i turned autogeneration of columns in there) and in that one it didn’t.

thanks again for the support, i was about getting desperated here 😉

cheers
    Silas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 7533 views)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.