Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Bring cell in edit mode while the grid is not lying on any panel or visible control.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17315 |

Hi,

We are following TDD, I got stuck in scenario in which I want to generate a scenario where cell enters in edit mode through the code, by calling the EnterEdit method of the cell.

It is giving an exception related to the layout suspended. As it internally calls the BringIntoView method. I tried all the options I can think. Can any one suggest me how to create that scenario so that I can write test case.

Any suggestions or inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Vivek

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vivek (had 1055 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

we would need an application that reproduces the issue to be sent at support@xceed.com …  Make sure it does not need a database lying on your hard drive/local network and also do not include the bin and the obj folders in the archive.  Don’t forget to say that this support request is related to forum message 25267.  We can’t say how long this will take.  (Our Vanguard cases always have priority.) 

Although I don’t think that this can really help you in your current situation, you can consult this KB base article about BringIntoView:   http://xceed.com/KB/questions.php?questionid=341

Regards,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 400 views)

User (Old forums)

There seems to be a way around this.  It is to make the grid visible and then invisible before removing a row for the first time, or wait to bind the grid until the grid is made visible.  The last service release (2009/12/16) could well have solved this issue, but I can’t confirm, at this point.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1186 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.