Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Best way to do a lookup from within a column on the grid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #13194 |

I have a situation where I need to allow the user to lookup a company name from within a cell on the grid. Preferably I would like the user to be able to enter in part of the company name in the cell and hit enter and have additional code do a lookup and eventually return a valid name and id. However, hitting enter attempts to commit the record so, I was looking at an alternative way of doing this possibly having a small button in the cell which the user could click on and perform a lookup. The cell would still need to be able to have text entered into it, however.

Is there a way I can intercept the “enter” ansi character before the grid attempts to commit the record and I can then do my lookup?

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by DBAJAM (had 2913 views)

User (Old forums)

One option would be to create a custom cell-editor. Just create a subclass of the default editor. Then you can override the ProcessCmdKey-method, to catch the Enter-key.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tommy (had 226 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the response.

My only issue now is that for some reason the ProcessCmdKey does not fire
    when I am editing a cell and hit the enter key. When I am editing a cell and
    press any other key it does fire however.

Thanks,

John

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by DBAJAM (had 311 views)

User (Old forums)

Which class is your editor inheriting from? My custom editor is inheriting from TextBox.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tommy (had 4137 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.