Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #18263 |

Hello everyone, newbie here. I’m desperately looking for grid/editor/etc. controls. I just can’t seem to find any that are bug free, and behave properly in the Windows environment, to the point that I’m thinking of writing my own (I know).

So, I download the eval version of the Xceed grid and editors, and what happens first thing? I put a WinDatePicker on a form, run the program and voila, alt-spacebar for the form’s system menu doesn’t work.

Can I expect more of such problems? If so, I’ll quit now. This type of thing is pretty much the norm with products from all different companies I’ve evaluated.

PS: Xceed, if you want to see where the problem is, start with your Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessCmdKey() override.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Glenn (had 3345 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi,

>>(I know)

Yeah. As a small reminder, it took our initial team many thousands of hours to write even the first version of this Xceed Grid for .NET. And we had “robustness” a much higher priority than “feature-rich”. I can’t believe writing your own is going to solve anything. The great thing about having a company like Xceed behind a product is that we’re here to solve any issues you find, and you don’t have to do the work if you find any. The Microsoft grids have issues too, and with those, you won’t get a bug fix in any timely manner.

My suggestion is to simply submit this to support@xceedsoft.com, and see how long it takes them to solve it or to provide a workaround.

Xceed Grid for .NET is used by Microsoft in Office Accounting Professional 2007 and they have a rock-solid app. When they tested it and found issues, those issues were submitted to us and we fixed them. Our Grid team has a great track record for fixing issues…

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 318 views)

User (Old forums)

Odi,

Thanks for the reply. “Robust” beats “feature-rich” in my book every time. I’ve been absolutely stunned by trying out all the products I have. I’ve seen all kinds of crazy behavior, especially focus and keyboard related problems, even to the point that a control will affect the behavior of a common Windows controls that is on the same form. I’ve seen controls cause GPFs and memory corruption galore. I honestly don’t see how some of these companies sell anything. Seems the bar is quite low. I’m hoping you guys are the answer.

I sent an email about the alt-spacebar thing to Xceed support, so we’ll see what happens.

-G

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Glenn (had 365 views)

User (Old forums)

I posted a workaround for this <a href=”http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6714″>here</a&gt;.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Glenn (had 4456 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.