Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Add a detail grid ColumnMangerRow to FixedHeaderRows?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #13211 |

Hi, the application we’re building occasionally shows very long detail grids. While the user is scrolling downwards only the column titles of the main grid is visible, and this can be somewhat misleading. To let the users always know what data they are looking at I basically want to add the ColumnManagerRow from the current detail grid to the FixedHeaderRows of the containing grid, so that it sticks as they browse downwards through a detail grid, and then goes away afterwards.

I’ve got all the necissary logic to work while the user is scrolling up and down, but I have run into a wall when it comes to adding the ColumnManagerRow to the FixedHeaderRows… For the life of me I can’t seem to create a new row, fill it with the columns of the detail grids ColumnManagerRow, and add it to the main grids FixedHeaderRows (ie can’t use the ‘new’ keyword with certain kinds of rows, can’t add a copy because the row ‘already exists in the grid’, etc etc).

Does anyone have a strategy for doing this? Is there an easy way to get a copy of a row (ie Row.Clone), or do I have to inherit from CellRow to be able to create the row I want to add?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ac (had 2460 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I have run in the same problem and couldnt find a solution either. if you find a solution, cold you post it here? Oh and inheriting cellRow… i dont think thats going to work, because if you put it in the fixedheaderrows, it will obligatorily have the same schema as your parentGrid, you will not be able to have a cellrow on the fixedheaderrows that have the detailgrids schema.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Louis (had 348 views)

User (Old forums)

forgot to add… you might be able to do it by inherithing Row, but then goodluck, its probably going to be alot of work!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Louis (had 3403 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.