Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Accessing the row during an edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #24751 |

I need to access the grid data when a row is editted. I am assuming this is done with some trigger/handler, but couldn’t find a good example.

What I need to do is when any of the textboxes in some row are changed, then I need to fire off some event that updates another textbox in that row as well as saves the info to a db.

Thanks,
    Dan

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dan (had 390 views)

Xceed Support

You can derive from DataRow or DataCell and override the EndEdit method to do what you would like after a row or cell has been edited.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 281 views)

User (Old forums)

Can you provide an example of how to do that? Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dan (had 207 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok, I created the custom control and I now can access the row when it is editted. So, I can update the row totals and so on. But I also need to update the summary row at the bottom for that specific column.

Currently I just insert the summary row in my datatable during creation. So it is just a row at the bottom of my datagrid (so I might run into some sorting issues next); however, I need some way to update this row also.

Is there a way to do that? Is this doable with a footer row object? If so, do you have an example you could point me too.

I just need to update the 1 summary row. It is not dependent on any of the groupings.

Thanks,
    Dan

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dan (had 3620 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.