Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Accessing Grid externally?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #13159 |

Hey all,

I’m not even sure I’ve worded my issue properly so please bear with me. I’m not a well developed programmer but am a QA team lead coding an automated testing harness for one of our products.

To this end, I’m using a scripting program which allows me to interrogate controls and to interact and manipulate them directly. I’ve had no problems up until trying to sort something out with the Grid control we have embedded in the product.

Try as I might, I can’t seem to find a way to be able to directly access the Grid. I need the ability to tell the grid what row to select. Unfortunately I’m not even sure how the Grid identifies each row and my head is about to explode from drilling down the various IDispatch interfaces with no luck.

If I am making any sense at all, would there be someone who knows how to go about doing this?

I’d speak to the developer but he’s on holiday at the moment and I’d really like to keep pressing forward with developing this harness.

Thanks for your time,
    TJ

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Teejay (had 1840 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi TJ,
    you should try using the Accessibility support of the grid to query its cells, columns and rows.
    That way, you can do automated tests that fill and verify data in the grid.

Hope that helps,
    Martha

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martha (had 2955 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.