Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Acces ComboBox in CodeBehiend

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #22303 |

Please help, thanks in advance

How can I fill the combo box items dynamically based on user selection criteria in code behind (fill item through DB bind and also in some case manually insert items)?

2nd question is, how can I developed my own theme?

Zahid
    eWorx Intl

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by zahid (had 3999 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Zahid,

Concerning your ComboBox question: Several people did try to tackle different approaches (DB Relation ComboBox, Static List ComboBox, Dynamic ComboBox editor…). Instead of repeating all of the other users solutions, I suggest going back in the history of the forum and looking at the posts referring to the creation of ComboBox editors.

What I can say in addition, is that you should take a look at the Solid Foundation sample we provided with the Xceed DataGrid for WPF, which has a complete DB bound ComboBox and includes code (both the XAML and the CS).

As for Theming: we are in the process of building a tutorial for people that wish to build their custom themes… In the mean time, I suggest looking at the theme files we provided with the product (in the “themes” folder of the Xceed DataGrid for WPF). You can start directly from these styles and templates to build your own…

If you encounter any specific problems or have any specific questions concerning theme creation, feel free to post them in the forums and we will try to help you overcome the issues.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 388 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Marc for your early response,

The scenario is, I have 4 combo box editor type columns in a grid, the first column will fill through DB binding at the start of the application (as in Employee Column in SolidFoundation sample), other combo box items depend on the value selected by user in first column combo box

I need to decide the other combo box bindings at run time dynamically and also required an event which will fire, when the first combo box’s value will change.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by zahid (had 458 views)

Xceed Support

Then I suggest reading this thread (from MiddleTommy), which is greatly similar to your case:

<a href=”http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6115″>http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6115</a&gt;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 283 views)

User (Old forums)

Your suggested thread is similar to SolidFoundation sample. I am talking about different scenario, I couldn’t decide bind source at design or development time, the combo box will bind a data table or collection, which will create at run time and the table structure and its value depend on the user criteria of the user selection (run time)

Please help if it is possible in Xceed Grid?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by zahid (had 445 views)

Xceed Support

The concept elaborated by MiddleTommy can achieve this “really late” binding scenario…

He “injects” the list of items as a resource just before he loads the ComboBox editor template, allowing extremely dynamic scenarios…

Under any cases, if this is not fitted for you, his solution can serve as an inspiration for what you want to do.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 5935 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.