Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET AbstractFile.OpenRead Method with FileSystemEvents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #19432 |

I can’t figure out how to get any events from calling OpenRead. The documention for most methods that take a FileSystemEvents parameter list the events that they generate, but OpenRead is silent on this point. I am able to recieve events on other methods (e.g. AbstractFolder.GetItems) so I know that the problem is not in the mechanics of subscribing to the event. Does OpenRead just not generate any events, or does it only generate events in certain circumstances?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sweixel (had 2717 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi!

OpenRead does not generate progression events. Since you have a direct reference on the source stream, it’s up to you to update your UI or progress bar (or anything else) yourself while looping on Stream.Read.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 159 views)

User (Old forums)

Fair enough, but it is curious to have the FileSystemEvents parameter in that method if it is not going to do anything. At the very least the documentation should say that there are no events generated.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sweixel (had 3730 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.