Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Absolute Beginner – Smart UI: Loading new forms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18184 |

Hello,

I’m a complete beginner on Xceed components, and have a questions. I’ve downloaded the SmartUI for .NET trial code, and am trying to build a winform application using the ExplorerTaskpane.

I have three forms in my project, lets say, Form1, Form2 and Form3. In my MainForm, I have the ExplorerTaskPane docked left, and has three groups, Group1, Group2 and Group3.

What I want to do is if I select Group1, I want Form1 to load in the UI to the right of the ExplorerTaskPane.

I have gone through the demos, but I can’t find SIMPLE examples on how to do what I want. Are the any folks out there who have some sample code or a sample project I can look at? I don’t care what language (C# or VB), just want an example that I can learn from.

Thanks
    Jay

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jkard883 (had 2101 views)

User (Old forums)

When using “adorner” controls such as ExplorerTaskPane, you need to add a second WinPanel within the first one, and use the first panel as the DockHost, and the second one as the ClientHost. You must also set the first panel to Dock.Fill.

i.e. :

FormMain
    WinPanel1 <– Dock.Fill, used as the DockHost
    WinPanel2 <– Used as the ClientHost
    ExplorerTaskpane <– Dock.Left

You will find a C# sample <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/SmartUINET/CSharp/DockingWindows adorner.zip”>here</a>, that uses a MenuStrip and a SmartStatusBar, and that adds a ToolWindows when selecting the “Add Window” item from the “File” menu.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3068 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.