Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Able to connect & login, but unable to download files (ReceiveFiles)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21029 |

We are currently running Xceed FTP for .NET 3.2.  I have code that is issuing a Connect (Xceed.FTP > FtpClient Class) and then ReceiveFiles.

The connect & login is successful, and the ReceiveFiles executes with no errors, however, the files are not downloaded. 

When I point to a different remote server to download the files from, it works.  It also works when I use the Automate 6 tool.

I tried doing the download with Passive Transfer = True, and it still did not work.

Then I added a TraceWriter and found this in the log:

“425 Can’t open data connection.”

Follow up…nevermind.  I have it working now.  I compared ftp logs between the two dif. tools and noticed it was going into passive mode (forgot the propery defaults to True).  so I set the property to false and it worked. 

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Shelly (had 1359 views)

User (Old forums)

It could be a firewall problem.  What is the size of the files your trying to transfer?

You can set the TraceWriter property to get a log of the communication with the server.

e.g. :   FtpClient.TraceWriter = new StreamWriter( @”D:\ftp.log”, true );

This could help in debugging the issue.  You can post the result here, along with the relevant code snippet that is generating this log.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 280 views)

User (Old forums)

Refer to my first entry (I updated it).  all I had to do was set the PassiveTranfer = False.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Andre!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Shelly (had 1796 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.