Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF ADO.Net 3.5, ORM, WPF, Linq for SQL, Master/Detail etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #24769 |

My problem is mostly that I’ve tried to run before I can walk. Ultimately the Microsoft direction is going towards WPF and ORM for data access and presentation. So despite the fact everything is still very much in beta and sparesly documented I am trying to go that direction in a new project. This wouldn’t be such a bad decision if I had any idea what I was doing.

Anyway ultimately my goal is to create a master detail (with views) user interface having WPF (90% Xceed Datagrids) as the User Interface and using ORM (SQl Server) tables (or Linq for SQL) queries as the datasource. Despite the fact that these have been around for 6 months or a year in beta versions, and will be the new standard practice within a year, I can’t find a single example on the internet how to bind them.

Quite simply I have 2 SQL Server tables, fetch into ORM Tables, with a master/child entity relationship between them. I would like to create a page with 2 fully editable Xceed DataGrids, one for the master and one for the detail. eg. Master = LookupTypes(LookupType), Detail = LookupTypes/Lookups(LookupCode, Description), on SQL Server is <Lookups> Table – columns = {LookupType, LookupCode, Description}).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Graeme (had 599 views)

Xceed Support

Take a look at what MiddleTommy is doing, this might point you in the right direction.

<a href=”http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9416″>http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9416</a&gt;

As for master detail: we are working on adding this feature for an upcoming release (don’t know the time frame yet) which will provide “inline” hierarchical master/detail views.

In the meantime, especially if you want to have side-by-side grid’s, syncing the current item is probably your best option. I have a sample that demonstrates various side-by-side master/detail examples that was made by Matt. If you are interested, let me know.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 466 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Jenny. Can you post your side-by-side master/detail examples.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Graeme (had 341 views)

Xceed Support

Send me an email: belandj@xceedsoft.com and I will zip it up for you.

This sample should be treated with the same terms & conditions as a Blueprint Edition in the Xceed Software License Agreement.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 3742 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.