Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms DoubleClick Reply To: DoubleClick

User (Old forums)

I’m not totally sure I understand your request correctly. I assume you want the user to be able to edit the values within a cell, and be notified when he has finish editing. Normally, you need to subscribe to the cell EditLeft or the row EditEnded to do this :

e.g.:

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
foreach( Cell cell in dataRowTemplate1.Cells )
{
cell.EditLeft += new EditLeftEventHandler(cell_EditLeft);
}
//or
dataRowTemplate1.EditEnded += new EventHandler(dataRowTemplate1_EditEnded);
}

private void cell_EditLeft(object sender, EditLeftEventArgs e)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( ( ( Cell )sender).Value.ToString() );
}

private void dataRowTemplate1_EditEnded(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( ( ( CellRow )sender).Cells[ 0 ].Value.ToString() );
}

However, if you want to access the editor which is used in the cell while it is being edited, you need to subscribe to TextBox events through the ActivatingControl event of the CellEditorManager. This is necessary because the editor is actually initialized only when the cell receives focus, and enters the edit mode.

e.g.:

//at Form_Load

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
gridControl1.Columns[ 0 ].CellEditorManager.ActivatingControl += new CellEditorEventHandler(CellEditorManager0_ActivatingControl);
gridControl1.Columns[ 0 ].CellEditorManager.DeactivatingControl += new CellEditorEventHandler(CellEditorManager0_DeactivatingControl);

//Event handlers

private void CellEditorManager0_ActivatingControl(object sender, CellEditorEventArgs e)
{
( ( WinTextBox )e.Control).TextBoxArea.DoubleClick += new EventHandler(TextBoxArea_DoubleClick);
}

private void CellEditorManager0_DeactivatingControl(object sender, CellEditorEventArgs e)
{
//need to unsubscribe, if not, the subscriptions will kept pilling up!
( ( WinTextBox )e.Control).TextBoxArea.DoubleClick -= new EventHandler(TextBoxArea_DoubleClick);
}

private void TextBoxArea_DoubleClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( sender.ToString() );
}

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2892 views)