I’ve started to do that (custom data binding) and I have to say that the performance is not bad at all. Got lots of things changin in the grid and it seems to be alright. The main thing to implement in this scenario is the SynchronizeInvoke stuff as that causes the most problems, but there are a couple of issues I have left. One being that if the schema chages of my original dataset the Xceed grid throws an exception (I think that’s just a threading issue) and then the last problem and this is a strange one that I have no idea about (at the moment) is that when I first bind my grid to a data set prepopulated, then the detail grids arn’t populated but when the grid is updated and an item is added the detail grid for that row is filled correctly.
Very strange. Still I’ll stick at it seen as though I’ve spent so long doing it.
Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 6686 views)