Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Removing a Column Reply To: Removing a Column

User (Old forums)

I do not use the grid assistant at this time, although it would be useful for people starting to get comfy with the grid. I hide the assitant at this point, and work with the designer, and properties page, works great.

Dealing with customers, they always nitpick at the visual look of the application, or grid, etc.. so it is always easier for me to make visual changes to a grid in the designer, without even launching the app to see the result.

1) The thing i’d love to see in the visual designer is a way to remove an ID column from a master or detail grid visually without doing any code… right now i select remove a column, and it puts a red slash across the column, but it is still there when i run the software,… (most likely i have to delete the column in the code)

2) I would love to have the master and Detail grids columns cellViewer exposed, so that the user can select what viewer will be used, for instance, they can select an “ImageViewer” for table fields that hold jpg/bmp images. ( I know it can be done in the code somehow, and even probably for the detail grid, but when you want to do the maxium amount of work, during 8 hours, every little shortcut helps)

3) Summary Value rows, auto-calc sum/avg/min/max , the user selects a cell, applies the formula for example “Sum” and the columns are summed up automatically, without doing one line of code. (This is perfect for simple tasks, which do not require additional coding, although it is usefull also to have the ability to override the SUM function with your own custom code)
[This feature i believe will be coming out soon from Xceed, which i look forward to ]

Overall i love the Grid component and i’m sure over the years the Xceed grid will feature more functionality which will help speed up mundane development chores. 🙂
The current Xceed Grid is a huge upgrade over the Grid that comes with Visual Studio.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Artmic (had 371 views)